Frequently Asked Questions
- Why does VOD show up in different colors?
- How do I mark which seasons I have a subscription to?
- You're missing a VOD for this match / this match has a bad VOD link
- Why do I have to register to rate matches?
- Are there any reasons to register aside from being able to rate matches?
- Why don't you have tournament [x]?
- Do you have a set of posting guidelines, or is it a free for all?
Why does VOD show up in different colors?
The colors denote your level of access to the VODs.
How do I mark which seasons I have a subscription to?
Go to your profile & preferences page. The link to your profile can always be found in the top right corner of the page.
You're missing a VOD for this match / this match has a bad VOD link
Well, tell us! There's a contact form located at the top of the page. If you know the correct link for the VOD and can send it to us, all the better! :)
Why do I have to register to rate matches??
Registration is the only way to ensure that people get only 1 vote per match. If there were another way, we'd do it.
We are currently looking into getting one of those fancy "sign in with google/facebook/twitter" things built in, but it's complicated, we're not that bright, and our time is really limited. If you can help us with this, please use the contact form to let us know!
Are there any reasons to register aside from being able to rate matches?
Yes! You can bookmark your matches, the "Top List" will hide matches that you've already rated, suppress matches from the "Top List" that you've seen (but chosen not to rate?! what's wrong with you!) and some other stuff. But most importantly you're helping create a repository of the very best SC2 matches out there.
Why don't you have tournament [x]?
There are a few possible reasons:
- We just don't know about the tournament.
- The tournament is too minor to bother with (subjective? yes, but our time on this project is limited so we have to carefully pick which ones we post).
- There aren't VODs available, or there are too few.
If there is demand for a tournament, we'll post it, even if one of the above reasons apply. Just let us know which tournaments you want to be seeing! Better yet, give us as much detail on the tournament as you can (name, link to main page, link to vod area, etc.)
Do you have a set of posting guidelines, or is it a free for all?
- After writing your review or comment, you have 15 minutes in which you can make edits to it. Be careful.
- Your posts will not make the moderators think you're a jerk.
- Seriously. We are all old enough to be civil even when disagreeing. I'd say “do unto others as you would have them do unto you” but a surprisingly large number of people don't mind being treated like crap so it isn't much of an impediment. But there is no reason to be intentially inflammatory because you disagree with someone. Other examples of being an asshole include, but are not limited to, attacking someone's gender, race, sexual orientation, mental faculties, physical coordination, or proximity to a basement at time of posting. With any luck no further examples will be needed.
- Do not spam. There is no post count and your rep goes up based on quality and not quantity.
- Think about your reviews. People are going to decide to watch a series of games, or not, based on them. No one is paying you to write a review, you're volunteering to help out other Starcraft fans with your time and opinion, so you may as well do your best. SC2Ratings staff has the utmost respect and sympathy for the people who write reviews, because we are in same position in making this site in the first place.
- Stay on topic. This is not an open forum. If you want an open forum for SC2, use Team Liquid. They're awesome for that.
- Have fun. This site, the rating, the reviews, the comments, is for the community to enjoy Stacraft together in new and interesting ways. All of that should be fun.